Base Materials for PWBs
Copper Foil for Fine Patterning – PF-EL
Product Information and Application
- Copper Foil: PF-EL
- Semiconductor package substrates
- High density multi-layer PWB
- PF-EL is a copper foil that is appropriate for fine line patterning with semi-additive process (SAP) using rough shapes of primer made with the copper profile.
- PF-EL has high peel strength for plating copper.
- High flexural modulus substrates with using prepregs.
Fine patterning with SAP
L/S=10/10 µm with PF-EL
L/S=7/7 µm with PF-EL SP
L/S=5/5 µm with PF-EL SP
Copper peel strength
*Sample: MCL-E-770G (Type R), Copper foil 1.5 µm with plating copper 20 µm
Plating copper peel strength
*Sample: MCL-E-770G (Type R), plating copper 20 µm
Fine patterning process
|Part Number||Copper Foil
|PF-EL-12||12||4||Ra: 0.3–0.4||SAP *1|
|PF-EL-3||3||2, 4||Ra: 0.3–0.5||SAP *1
|PF-EL-2||2||2, 4||Ra: 0.3–0.5|
*1) After lamination of the material to the prepreg, the copper foil is etched out,and the special surface treatment with appropriate roughness made by a replica of the copper profile etched out remains on prepreg surface.This process is SAP using this replica.
*2) Semi additive process using thin copper foil as seed layer for having E’less copper +copper on both patterming and via plating purpose.